Manuscripts published are the property of authors, and quoting this source is a requirement for any partial or full reproduction.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The work described has not been published previously in any language (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a thesis)
- The manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- Authors have followed the author guidelines for the preparation of the manuscript. One pdf file containing text and Tables/Figures; an Accompanying letter presenting the work; and, optionally, a file with Supplementary Information, are provided.
- Its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities at the institution where the work has been carried out
- The authors agree to the automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication through the providing of copyright agreement (Publishing agreement)
- The manuscript will not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holders
- Written permission of the copyright holder had been obtained by the authors for the materials used from other copyrighted sources
The names and email addresses entered in this journal will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be available for any other purpose or another person. The Editorial Board indicates the author's affiliation(s) to the country and/or organisation strictly in accordance with the information provided by the authors. Editorial Board is not entitled to change it without notification of the authors.
Peer Review Process
Nature Conservation Research is peer review journal. Manuscripts are typically reviewed by two referees, from the Editorial Board of journal or by external reviewers. We use the double blind review policy. In consistent with that, the names of the reviewers are hidden from the author, and names of authors are hidden from the reviewers. Thus, our review policy allow that:
- Author anonymity prevents any reviewer bias, for example based on an author's country of origin or previous controversial work.
- Articles written by prestigious or renowned authors are considered on the basis of the content of their papers, rather than their reputation.
- Reviewers can often identify the author through their writing style, subject matter or self-citation.
Open Access Policy
Nature Conservation Research is an Open Access Journal. All articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC by-nc/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Thus, an open-access article has limited copyright and licensing restrictions which means anyone, anywhere, with access to the Internet may read, download, copy, and distribute that article.