Starting since March 2021, we don't send hard copies of issues of the journal Nature Conservation Research to authors.
Starting since 2021, we will not consider manuscripts devoted to additions of new species to regional (sub-national) faunas and floras, including species included in regional Red Data Books. In addition, we don't consider manuscripts with recommendations for protection of species in regional-level Red Data Books or for inclusion of taxa in the regional Red Data Books. Finally, the journal "Nature Conservation Research" doesn't publish manuscripts devoted to recommendations for organisation of Protected Areas of any (international / national / sub-national (=regional)) level.
Starting since March 2019, the Editorial Board of the journal «Nature Conservation Research» allows authors the option of manuscript translation from Russian to English (only for manuscripts prepared for Nature Conservation Research) and correcting (editing) the English-language manuscripts. For this purpose, Editorial Board can provide contacts of independent translators-correctors in response to authors' request. Then, each author can contact the selected translator-corrector to translate the Russian text or to correct the English text prepared for the journal Nature Conservation Research. Algorithm of authors' actions is HERE.
Here, we announce a special issue "Biodiversity Informatics for Protected Areas" expected to be published in 2022. Deadline for submission of manuscripts is 1 June 2021.
The requirements to the planned special issue are available HERE.
The list of published articles, arranged according to research topic, is available HERE.
The journal "Nature Conservation Research" is one of the first exactly scientific journals, aimed to show the quality and level of scientific investigations that are carried out in the Protected Areas, studies of biological diversity and also biology and ecology of rare and endangered species.
The main requirements for submitting manuscripts: a manuscript must 1) either be based on studies conducted (exclusively or predominantly [more than 70% of data]) within Protected Area(s), or 2) be devoted (exclusively or predominantly [more than 70% of data]) to rare and/or threatened species.
The main criteria for submitting manuscripts:
The journal "Nature Conservation Research" publishes review articles, original articles, short communications, research notes, as well as chronicles, book reviews, anniversaries.
The publication frequency is 4 issues per year. Also, we plan to publish special issues dedicated to certain thematics in the field of the nature conservation.
Current rejection rate: 55.1%.
There are no charges for submission and publication of manuscripts.
– Biodiversity and conservation of rare and endangered species.
– Inventory of living organisms in Protected Areas and other territories.
– Study and conservation of objects of non-living nature in Protected Areas.
– Long-term monitoring of environment components in relation to threatened/rare species or to Protected Areas.
– New concepts, methods and techniques for nature conservation.
– Anthropogenic transformation of natural ecosystems and invasive alien species in Protected Areas.
– Paleontological studies in Protected Areas.
– Ecosystems management for nature conservation.
– The legal basis for nature conservation and management.
– History and development prospects of reserve management and studies.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI)
- Clarivate Analytics - Zoological Record
- CAB Abstracts
- Google Scholar.
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI).
|Volumes and issues of the journal "Nature Conservation Research"||